2013- Goal 1: Write more.

Writing does not come easy for me.  I just don't have the time, or maybe more accurately I don't make the time.  A goal for 2013 is to write more.  Being in a PhD program, I really need to step up my writing.  I've held myself back because of so many self-imposed reasons.  "I have nothing interesting to say."  "I'm not sure where to even start." "I don't know what my blog's focus would be."  Part of my hesitation might reside from a feeling of inadequacy.  I've only been a teacher for eight years, and somehow that makes me less of an expert in education.  Most of my teaching career was at a school that was considered one of the worst schools in the state(at least according to state test scores).  And the list goes on...2013 will be different.  I'm reading a book now called "How to write a lot".  So far I've learned that to be able to write a lot, I have to at least start.  This is my start.  My two blog posts of 2012 was not a start.  2013 will be different.  I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

Comments

Popular Posts